Catholic Migration Services (“CMS”), a nonprofit provider of legal services and affiliated agency of Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens, is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. CMS provides free legal services to low-income immigrants residing in Brooklyn and Queens in the areas of immigration, housing and employment law. More information about our organization and our work is available at www.catholicmigration.org.
The Administrative Assistant will provide critical administrative support to ensure that our two office locations are well organized and operating smoothly. This is for a full-time position based in our Brooklyn office (near Borough Hall), but the Administrative Assistant may be required to periodically work from our Queens office (Sunnyside). The Administrative Assistant must be punctual, well organized, and have the capacity to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day-to-day office management of facilities, equipment/supply acquisition and maintenance.
• Maintain and manage relationships with vendors and other service providers.
• Troubleshoot minor IT/computer/program/printer/phone/network issues.
• Maintain organizational calendar and logistics for meetings and rooms.
• Assist with administration of our religious worker visa program, which assists religious workers from abroad seeking to work in the Diocese of Brooklyn.
• Assist with reporting to funders by running database reports and reviewing database entries.
• Provide various assistance for other programs, as needed, including data entry.
• Provide backup assistance to reception. Answer and manage phone calls, provide appropriate requested information to visitors or staff.
• Provide administrative support for fundraising events and other special events.
• Monitor incoming and outgoing mail; receive and sign for mail/packages.
• Assist in processing invoices, past due accounts, deposits, and managing acknowledgment letters.
• Maintain filing system in all our offices as well as offsite.
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
• Computer proficiency; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Experience with internet research.
• Ability and experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds and communities.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• College Graduate preferred (minimum of High School diploma).
• Spanish or Haitian Kreyol proficiency preferred.
Diversity and Non-Discrimination Policy:
Catholic Migration Services values workplace diversity and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. Catholic Migration Services makes all employment decisions without regard to any applicant’s or employee’s protected characteristics, including their race, religion, color, national origin, immigration status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest conviction record, or marital status.
This is a bargaining unit position represented for collective bargaining purposes by the Association of Legal Aid Attorneys, UAW, Local 2325.
This position is available immediately, and applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Erin Fitzgerald, Operations Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line.