Catholic Migration Services (“CMS”), a not-for-profit legal services provider affiliated with Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens, and the Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, announces a job opening for a full time Grants Associate. CMS provides free legal services to low-income immigrants residing in Brooklyn and Queens in the areas of immigration, housing and employment law.
The Grants Associate will be responsible for compliance with reporting obligations to CMS funders, including reporting on work performed under the contracts and submitting invoices for payment. The Grants Associate may assist with other development work to support the agency. This is for a full time position based in our Brooklyn office (near Borough Hall). The ideal candidate will be very organized, detailed oriented, and comfortable working with numbers, spreadsheets, and different software programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit invoices to funders for payment for the work performed by CMS pursuant to our contracts;
- Prepare reports to funders about work performed under specified grants and contracts;
- Prepare budgets and budget modifications for our contracts and grants;
- Maintain organized files;
- Maintain confidentiality of financial and client information; and
- Assist with other development-related work, including corporate and individual giving programs, as well as work that furthers the agency mission.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience preferred, especially experience with invoicing New York City administrative agencies
- Familiarity and experience with basic accounting principles preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills preferred
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new software programs, including client database software
- Experience with internet research
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficiency working with numbers and spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Applications will be accepted immediately and will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and a list of three references to: David Colodny, Director of Legal Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Grants Associate Application” in the subject line.