JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Catholic Migration Services (“CMS”) is hiring a Senior Development Associate to work with our Development team. CMS, an affiliated agency of Catholic Charities Brooklyn and Queens, provides high quality free legal services, community education, and advocacy for low-income immigrants regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, or immigration status. CMS assists individuals with their immigration, housing, and employment legal needs. CMS is committed to “welcoming the stranger in our midst” by serving and working alongside underserved immigrant communities to advance equality and social justice in an ever-changing landscape.
The Senior Development Associate will be responsible for implementing Catholic Migration Services’ individual, corporate and foundation fundraising strategies under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct outreach to individual and corporate donors through targeted mailings, e-blasts and newsletters, and assisting with CMS’ website;
• Research new corporate, foundation and government funding sources and evaluate Requests for Proposals;
• Coordinate CMS fundraising events and other donor engagement activities;
• Maintain updated and organized grant files and records including tracking donations;
• Assist the Development Director with document compilation and submission for grant applications and contract registrations; and
• Assist in other development related functions that may further the mission of CMS.
• Undergraduate degree;
• At least 4 years of experience in frontline fundraising, non-profit donor relationship management, and/or sales;
• A compelling passion for Catholic Migration’s mission and programs;
• Exceptional persuasive writing, proofreading, and editing skills;
• Strong and flexible time management and organizational skills; and
• Ability to plan and balance multiple projects and priorities in a dynamic environment, with both long- and short-term deadlines.
Diversity and Non-Discrimination Policy:
Catholic Migration Services values workplace diversity and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. CMS strives to create a positive, supportive, and inclusive work environment for all staff. CMS makes all employment decisions without regard to any applicant’s or employee’s protected characteristics, including their race, religion, color, national origin, immigration status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, arrest conviction record, or marital status.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is on a union scale based on years of experience. The salary range for a Senior Development Associate with four to seven years of experience is $58,442-$62,019. CMS offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, transit benefits, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a 403(b) retirement plan including employer contribution. We offer generous leave policies, including four weeks paid vacation, four paid personal days, fourteen paid holidays and the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Days, inclusive.
This is a bargaining unit position represented for collective bargaining purposes by the Association of Legal Aid Attorneys, UAW, Local 2325.
Applications will be accepted immediately and will be considered on a rolling basis. Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, a list of two professional references and a writing sample to: Kim Robinson, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this job announcement as a pdf: Senior Development Associate